2022 GEF Scholarships
GEF is offering multiple scholarships to GHS graduates in the Class of 2022. Some can be used at any 2-year and 4-year college/university and other accredited schools, and some are restricted to specific colleges. Annual scholarship renewal is based on the recipients’ academic performance; on award, each recipient receives detailed information regarding renewal requirements.
How to Apply for a GEF Scholarship
To apply for a GEF Scholarship, open this link to the 2022 GEF Scholarship Application.
You can start your application any time. Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to update and revise your application until the April 1, 2022 deadline. For UNCC-restricted scholarships, candidates must also apply for scholarships as instructed by UNCC on NinerScholars Portal.
GEF notifies all candidates by email of their application status 3-4 weeks after the deadline.
GEF/CPCC JOINT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM (JSP)
In partnership with the Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC), GEF offers a joint scholarship program for GHS graduates. Any student who graduates from GHS and attends CPCC is eligible to receive this scholarship if you meet the requirements. This scholarship is based on your academic performance at CPCC not GHS. If you are a ’22 GHS graduate planning to attend CPCC, you can qualify for the JSP your first semester after graduation by completing 6 CPCC credit hours through the CPCC Career & College Promise courses or the CPCC Summer bridge program. For details on the CPCC/GEF JSP, click here. No separate application is required to qualify for the JSP.
Reminders About College and Scholarship Applications
- Visit the GHS College Adviser webpage.
- Complete the FAFSA® (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as soon as possible after October 1, 2022 to be eligible for a wide variety of federal and state financial aid for college including federal grants like the Pell Grant (2021-2022 maximum is $6,345) and work-study programs as well as many other scholarships/grants and student loans.
- Visit the webpage for Career and Technical Education (CTE) at GHS.
- Do not hesitate to ask for help! The college and scholarship application processes are complex, so questions are to be expected.
- Complete your college and scholarship applications as early as possible.
GEF Scholarships Terms and Conditions:
- GEF scholarship recipients are selected based on academic achievement, community/extracurricular involvement, leadership, awards/recognitions, work history, and personal attributes, and consideration of financial need.
- GEF scholarships are awarded without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
- GEF does not require a FAFSA for the scholarship application process.
- GEF scholarship funds are paid directly to the recipient’s college or university account.
- GEF reserves the right not to award all or some of the identified scholarships and to revoke or reduce scholarships.
- All GEF scholarships are contingent on availability of GEF funds.
Questions About GEF Scholarship Programs/Contacts
- Ms. Genkins, GEF Scholarship Committee, at email@example.com
- Ms. Cury, GHS College Adviser, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Summerour, GHS CTE Coordinator, email@example.com
Connect with Raleigh Cury at: College Advisor – GHS Student Services or Social Media | @gcode2college