2021 GEF SCHOLARSHIPS
Most GEF scholarships can be used at any 2-year and 4-year college/university, CPCC, and other accredited post-secondary schools. All are renewable for 4 years based upon the recipient’s academic performance. Four scholarships are restricted to the University of NC at Charlotte (UNCC) College of Computing and Informatics and are part of a scholarship partnership with Red Ventures that is administered by UNCC.
How to Apply for a GEF Scholarship
Click here to access the 2021 GEF Scholarship Application. The GHS College Adviser, Ms. Odaly Rivas, will also post the 2021 GEF Scholarship Application link on GHS college digital platforms. You can start your application at any time. Once you submit your application you will receive a confirmation email with a link that allows you to keep updating and revising your application until the April 1, 2021 deadline.
Reminders About College and Scholarship Applications
- Visit the GHS College Adviser webpage.
- Complete the FAFSA® (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as early as possible after it opens on October 1, 2020 to be eligible for the full range of financial aid for college. A completed FAFSA application makes you eligible for Federal grants, scholarships, and other sources of financial aid. For example, the maximum Pell Grant for 2020-2021 is $6,345.
- Visit the webpage for Career and Technical Education (CTE) at GHS.
- Applying for college and scholarships is a new experience for you, having questions is expected. Don’t hesitate to ask for help.
- Complete your college applications as early as possible.
Questions About GEF Scholarship Programs/Contacts
- Ms. Genkins, GEF Scholarship Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Rivas, GHS College Adviser, email@example.com, Google Voice: 704-593-6634
- Ms. Bell, GHS CTE Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, Google Voice: 980-202-1533