2021 GEF SCHOLARSHIPS
GEF offers multiple scholarships to GHS graduates. Some can be used at any 2-year and 4-year college/university and other accredited schools and some are restricted to specific colleges. Most are renewable for 4 years based upon the recipient’s academic performance.
How to Apply for a GEF Scholarship
To apply for a GEF Scholarship, open this link to the 2021 GEF Scholarship Application. If you have difficulty opening this link on the CMS server, use the 2021 GEF Scholarship Application without Upload Feature (you will have to email your supporting documents per application instructions). The GHS College Adviser, Ms. Odaly Rivas, will also post both application links on GHS college-info platforms. You can start your application any time. Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to update and revise your application until the April 1, 2021 deadline. For UNCC-restricted scholarships, candidates must also apply on NinerScholars Student Application Portal.
Reminders About College and Scholarship Applications
- Visit the GHS College Adviser webpage.
- Complete the FAFSA® (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as early as possible after it opens on October 1, 2020 to be eligible for the full range of financial aid for college. A completed FAFSA application makes you eligible for Federal grants, scholarships, and other sources of financial aid. For example, the maximum Pell Grant for 2020-2021 is $6,345.
- Visit the webpage for Career and Technical Education (CTE) at GHS.
- Applying for college and scholarships is a new experience for you, having questions is expected. Don’t hesitate to ask for help.
- Complete your college applications as early as possible.
Questions About GEF Scholarship Programs/Contacts
- Ms. Genkins, GEF Scholarship Committee, at email@example.com
- Ms. Rivas, GHS College Adviser, firstname.lastname@example.org, Google Voice: 704-593-6634
- Ms. Bell, GHS CTE Coordinator, email@example.com, Google Voice: 980-202-1533