You can contribute to the Foundation to help fund programs and initiatives such as:
- Scholarships for Garinger students
- Teacher assistance and recognition
- Other initiatives as they are identified
You can make a one time tax deductible contribution, or we encourage making a five year pledge to help ensure the continued success of the Foundation. You can easily donate by using the Paypal button below!
If you would prefer to mail us your contribution, please make checks payable to Garinger Education Foundation and mail to:
Garinger Education Foundation, Inc.
c/o Garinger High School
1100 Eastway Drive
Charlotte, NC 28205
In addition to donations, the Foundation is always seeking volunteers, both alumni and friends, to:
- Serve on the Foundation board
- Mentor students
- Assist teachers
- Assist with serving the faculty appreciation lunches
- Help with maintenance of garden areas
- Proctor exams
- Serve on a panel for senior project evaluation
Purchase a Paver on the Walk of Honor at the Vietnam Memorial
This is a wonderful opportunity to honor a loved one, a favorite teacher, or friend. All proceeds go to benefit the students and staff of Garinger High School. This great opportunity is sponsored by The Garinger Education Foundation.
Download the Paver Form here. Once you download and complete the Paver Form, you can mail the form to Garinger Education Foundation, 1100 Eastway Dr., Charlotte, NC 28205 or email it to email@example.com. You can pay by check or conveniently purchase a Paver through this website via Paypal:
6″ by 9″ Paver
For $250 you can purchase a 6” by 9” paver with up to four lines of text and 14 characters per line.
(Estimated cost of engraving of $17 is nondeductible, $233 is tax deductible.)
6″ by 6″ Paver
For $125 you can purchase a 6” by 6” paver with up to four lines of text and 9 characters per line.
(Estimated cost of engraving of $15 is nondeductible, $110 is tax deductible.)
Other Ways to Give
- Amazon Smile… Do you shop online at Amazon.Com? Yes! Go to www.smile.amazon.com and you will have an opportunity to set up an account. Same great website and same great prices! Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to a charity of your choice. When prompted, link your account to Garinger Education Foundation.
- Transfer of appreciated stock (contact us for details)
- Estate gift as designated in a will… Designate that a specific amount or a percentage of your estate be given to The Garinger Education Foundation through your will or living trust. Give the remainder, or residue, of your estate—that is, what remains after all other bequests to friends and loved ones are satisfied. (contact your estate attorney for details)
- If you are at least 70 ½ years old, qualified charitable distributions (QCDs) from IRAs are advantageous for eligible donors. Although no charitable deduction is available, the income tax that is normally owed on withdrawals is avoided. In addition, because QCDs can satisfy required minimum distributions, income tax savings can be realized. (see your IRA custodian for details)
- Create a “challenge gift” by either challenging your fellow classmates to match your gift or challenge another class to a contest in fundraising.