You can contribute to the Foundation to help fund programs and initiatives such as:
- Scholarships for Garinger students
- Teacher assistance and recognition
- Other initiatives as they are identified
You can make a one time tax deductible contribution, or we encourage making a five year pledge to help ensure the continued success of the Foundation.
If you would prefer to mail us your contribution, please make checks payable to Garinger Education Foundation and mail to:
Garinger Education Foundation
PO Box 31302
Charlotte, NC 28231-1302
In addition to donations, the Foundation is always seeking volunteers, both alumni and friends, to:
- Serve on the Foundation board
- Assist teachers
- Assist with serving the faculty appreciation lunches
- Proctor exams
Purchase a Paver on the Walk of Honor at the Vietnam Memorial
This is a wonderful opportunity to honor a loved one, a favorite teacher, or friend. All proceeds go to benefit the students and staff of Garinger High School. This great opportunity is sponsored by The Garinger Education Foundation.
For $250 you can purchase a 6” by 9” paver with up to four lines of text and 14 characters per line.
(Estimated cost of engraving of $20 is nondeductible, $230 is tax deductible.)
For $125 you can purchase a 6” by 6” paver with up to four lines of text and 9 characters per line.
(Estimated cost of engraving of $18 is nondeductible, $107 is tax deductible.)
Pavers are installed twice a year. The next installation date will be May 21, 2022. Requests for Paver orders for this installation are now closed. The fall installation date will be Saturday November 19, 2022. Paver order forms for this installation must be received no later than September 23, 2022.
If you would prefer to send in a check, download the paver form here. Once you download and complete the Paver Form, you can mail the form to Garinger Education Foundation, PO Box 31302, Charlotte, NC 28231-1302
Other Ways to Give
- Amazon Smile… Do you shop online at Amazon.Com? Yes! Go to www.smile.amazon.com and you will have an opportunity to set up an account. Same great website and same great prices! Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to a charity of your choice. When prompted, link your account to Garinger Education Foundation.
- Transfer of appreciated stock (contact us for details)
- Estate gift as designated in a will… Designate that a specific amount or a percentage of your estate be given to The Garinger Education Foundation through your will or living trust. Give the remainder, or residue, of your estate—that is, what remains after all other bequests to friends and loved ones are satisfied. (contact your estate attorney for details)
- If you are at least 70 ½ years old, qualified charitable distributions (QCDs) from IRAs are advantageous for eligible donors. Although no charitable deduction is available, the income tax that is normally owed on withdrawals is avoided. In addition, because QCDs can satisfy required minimum distributions, income tax savings can be realized. (see your IRA custodian for details)
- Create a “challenge gift” by either challenging your fellow classmates to match your gift or challenge another class to a contest in fundraising.