Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC) + GEF Joint Scholarship Program (JSP)
In partnership with the Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC), GEF offers a joint scholarship program for GHS graduates. Any student who has graduated from GHS in the past 10 years and attends CPCC is eligible to receive this scholarship if they meet the requirements. This scholarship is based on academic performance at CPCC not GHS.
1. Be a GHS graduate and be admitted to CPCC
2. Make sure that CPCC receives your final transcript that confirms you graduated from GHS
3. Register for a minimum of 6 hours at CPCC
4. Complete a minimum of 6 hours at CPCC (CPCC Summer Bridge and Career and College Promise courses may fulfill the 6-hour requirement) with a 2.0 GPA or higher
5. Register for a minimum of 6 hours for the next semester and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- If you have a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA, you receive $250/semester.
- If you earn a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher, you receive an additional $250/semester for a total award of $500/semester ($1000/year).
- Funds are deposited directly into your CPCC student account.
For Members of the Class of ’23: You do not have to submit a GEF scholarship application to be eligible for this program. However, if you are considering starting college at CPCC and plan to transfer to a 4-year college, GEF highly recommends that you complete the 2023 GEF Scholarship Application. Also, if you are awarded a GEF scholarship you are still eligible for JSP awards!
JSP Terms and Conditions: GHS students who are awarded a CPCC Opportunity Scholarship are not eligible for the GEF/CPCC JSP. Once you have earned your AA degree at CPCC or completed over 90 hours at CPCC, you are no longer eligible for this program. In any given year, only GHS graduates from the previous 10 years are eligible to participate in this program if they meet the requirements defined above.
Questions about the GEF/CPCC JSP? Contact:
Ms. Genkins, GEF Scholarship Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about applying to CPCC? Contact:
Ms. Figueroa Marin, Garinger College Adviser, email@example.com
Mr. Summerour, Garinger CTE Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org